Halloween is coming and so are the unhealthy (trick or) treats. Bright orange candy and cookies stuffed with sugar and E-numbers is the last thing we like at ProToGo, so we dived into our development kitchen to whip up a healthier treat! Result is a super chewy ultra low-sugar (1g per cookie!), all natural, low calorie cookie that's ready in less than 30 minutes. Happy Halloweening from all of us!
Ingredients for 12 cookies:
- 180g of rolled gluten-free oats
- 225g canned pumpkin puree
- 4 big tsp almond butter (approx. 40g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g Sukrin Gold*
- 40g Dairy-free, sugar-free chocolate chips (you can leave them out if you prefer to save 20 cal per cookie**)
- pinch of salt
** We do recommend to go for those 20 extra calories and 200 x more happiness ;)
- Preheat oven on 180 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, pumpkin puree, sweetener, almond butter, cinnamon, pinch of salt and chocolate chips. Use your hands to knead it into a solid dough.
- Roll into balls, place on a lined baking tray and press each ball into a cookie. Top off with some extra chocolate chips if you want to go double whammy.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min, depending on how thick you made the cookies. Don't expect them to be crunchy, they're smooth and chewyyyy.
These cookies store for 2 days in an airtight container, and are perfectly suitable for freezing too!
Nutritional values PER COOKIE:
Calories: 105 cal
Carbs (sugars): 10g (1g of sugar!)
Fat (Saturated): 4.5g (1.2g)
Enjoy!!! xxx Val